Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cupcakes: Philosophy & Fundamentals

So in the first post I made reference to a few cupcakes I had in the oven. Here are those precious little gems!


Mini cupcakes!

These were pineapple cupcakes, and they took me two rounds to get right. I neglected a fundemental rule of adding fresh fruit to a batter.. use. less. liquid! Fruit has liquid in it already and it will jack your batter up if you dont start out with less liquid. If I didn't already know that I would have learned it the other night. Thank God for the second box of cake mix and some good ol' ingenuity. Second batch was beautiful!





I made these cupcakes for my church's BBQ. So tasty, so pretty. So fragile. I could have added a dash of patience to the mix, because I was just a little bummed about how my cupcakes were handled on their way from my carrier to the serving tray. All my pretty flowers looked more like spikey fireworks - I couldn't watch as she (unintentionally!) mangled the second set of cupcakes. Sigh.


My lesson: lighten up, they are just cupcakes! They ended up being a lot of work but they were delicious and they put smiles on lots of faces. And that's the point, right?


xoxo Von

No comments:

Post a Comment